Sodium Acetate A.R. Grade
Sodium Acetate A.R. Grade is available as an agglomerate and a powder (anhydrous) as well as a crystal (trihydrate). Sodium Acetate trihydrate is very soluble in water. Sodium Acetate A.R. Grade agglomerate offers the properties of non- dustiness, improved wettability, higher reactivity, higher bulk density and improved free-flowability. Sodium Acetate A.R. Grade, CH₃COONa, also abbreviated NaOAc, also known as sodium ethanoate, is the sodium salt of acetic acid. This colorless deliquescent salt has a wide range of uses.
Sodium Acetate is a salt of a strong base and a weak acid providing the application to be used as buffers in petroleum production and drilling muds, in food preservations, and in electroplating. It is used as a retardant in elastomer industry. It is used in tanning to effect a more even and rapid penetration of the tan in the leather industry. It is also used as a mordant in dyeing processes. Sodium Acetate is an intermediate to manufacture organic compounds like dyes, pigments, pharmaceuticals, cinnamic acid. It is also used in soap industry and purification of glucose. This product has multi appliacation some as below -
- Lab use : It is used as lab reagent for anlysis of chemicals and as abuffer.
- Food Production : Sodium Acetate A.R. Grade is widely used as preservative in food production.As preservative and flavor enhancer: in processed meat and bread to extend shelf life. As acidity regulator: in sausage, bread and rice cake to improve flavor.Sodium Acetate Anhydrous in Beverage.
- Sodium Acetate in Pharmaceutical :Sodium Acetate is widely used as intermediate in Pharmaceutical.As intermediate: in manufacturing of various medicines.
- Sodium Acetate in Cosmetics Sodium Acetate in Agriculture/Animal Feed : Sodium Acetate Anhydrous is widely used as buffering agent and ph regulator in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
- As ph regulator: in dyeing to neutralize acid.
- Sodium Acetate used in Other many type of Industries Industries
- Oil Field
- Textile Industries : The textile industry has a lot of use for this salt as it is able to remove calcium salts, which then lengthens the life of the finished fabric
Dose depends on application of Products.
Stability : A.R grade Sodium Acetate is stable for 3 years from date of production. All other grades have 2 years stability. Physical stability and appearance may change before the end of shelf-life if not stored single-stacked in closed original ackaging, dry and at room temperature.
Handling : Product has no classification. Always check the Safety Data Sheet and label before using the product.
|Physical state and appearance||Solid. (Granular, crystalline powder.)|
|Odour||Odourless to acetic (Slight.)|
|Molecular Weight||82.03 g/mole|
|pH (1% soln/water)||10-11|
|Melting Point||324°C (615.2°F)|
|Specific Gravity||1.528 (Water = 1)|
|Solubility||Easily soluble in cold water, hot water.|
Physical state and appearance: Solid. (Granular, crystalline powder.)
Odor: Odorless to acetic (Slight.)
Taste: Not available.
Molecular Weight: 82.03 g/mole
Color: Colorless. White.
pH (1% soln/water): 11 [Basic.]
Boiling Point: Not available.
Melting Point: 324°C (615.2°F)
Critical Temperature: Not available.
Specific Gravity: 1.528 (Water = 1)
Vapor Pressure: Not applicable.
Vapor Density: Not available.
Volatility: Not available.
Odor Threshold: Not available.
Water/Oil Dist. Coeff.: Not available.
Ionicity (in Water): Not available.
Dispersion Properties: See solubility in water.
Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water, hot water.